Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Benefits of Doing Regular Aerobic Exercise

CLICK IMAGE TO VIEW LARGER

The Benefits of Doing Regular Aerobic Exercise:
  1. Strengthening the muscles involved in respiration, to facilitate the flow of air in and out of the lungs
  2. Strengthening and enlarging the heart muscle, to improve its pumping efficiency and reduce the resting heart rate, known as aerobic conditioning
  3. Strengthening muscles throughout the body
  4. Improving circulation efficiency and reducing blood pressure
  5. Increasing the total number of red blood cells in the body, facilitating transport of oxygen
  6. Improved mental health, including reducing stress and lowering the incidence of depression
  7. Reducing  the risk for diabetes.
  8. Burns body fat, while building leaner muscle.
Info Source: Wikipedia

I find it really motivating to occasionally remind myself of all the good exercise does to my body and mind. It can be so easy to think of exercise as only a means of burning calories and losing weight, but it can do so much more. 

3 comments:

  1. Linda, between all of the great motivational picture/word posts that you create and reading about Leigh C. in Canada losing over 100 pounds taking up running in the past year, I went and purchased a new pair of athletic shoes for jogging. The other pair I have are older than 5 of my grandkids and weren't used for jogging. Anyway, if your messages of hope and inspiration can motivate an old codger like myself to get up and move...just imagine the possibilities;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the possibilities...we are all capable of so much more than we realize. Well done you for taking up jogging, I loved watching your video.

    And Less of the word 'old', you're as old as you feel and I bet you're feeling a little younger with each new exercise challenge you take on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Linda, I'll tell ya how young I'm feeling...when I was a young lad I was told to avoid temptation. Now temptation avoids me:D)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...