The Benefits of Doing Regular Aerobic Exercise:
- Strengthening the muscles involved in respiration, to facilitate the flow of air in and out of the lungs
- Strengthening and enlarging the heart muscle, to improve its pumping efficiency and reduce the resting heart rate, known as aerobic conditioning
- Strengthening muscles throughout the body
- Improving circulation efficiency and reducing blood pressure
- Increasing the total number of red blood cells in the body, facilitating transport of oxygen
- Improved mental health, including reducing stress and lowering the incidence of depression
- Reducing the risk for diabetes.
- Burns body fat, while building leaner muscle.
Info Source: Wikipedia
I find it really motivating to occasionally remind myself of all the good exercise does to my body and mind. It can be so easy to think of exercise as only a means of burning calories and losing weight, but it can do so much more.